|Title:||Warehouse Worker, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Food Distribution|
|Supervisor:||Food Distribution Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||August 3, 2021|
|Salary:||$13.00 per hour|
The Warehouse Workers are responsible for receiving and storing merchandise, unloading off the back of trucks and delivery vans. Prepare and load inventory for clients and/or make deliveries.
- Unload vehicles transporting food to the Food Distribution program.
- Reconciles order with actual delivery.
- Report any shortages or damage caused in the shipping process.
- Sort, stack, and store commodities according to the USDA stacking and storing guidelines.
- Assist with transporting commodities properly.
- Participates in physical inventory for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying loss.
- Cleans the warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
- Drives vehicles (fork lift, van, etc.) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated areas.
- Keeps all equipment in running order and stores equipment properly.
- Prepares orders.
- Assists with the maintenance of files, records, and tracking in regard to inventory.
- Maintains fork lift and food distribution van.
- Replies to inquire from clients about services or directs them to the appropriate staff.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, crouching or crawling are required.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including working in adverse weather conditions.
- GED or high school diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of safety procedures for lifting and moving loads by hand or using the fork lift is required.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required.
- The understanding of safe lifting practices is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments are required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Tact and good judgment is required.
- The ability to work with confidential information is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720