|Title:||Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Program Supervisor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||August 2, 2021|
|Salary:||$32.00 - $36.80 per hour|
The supervisor of SUD Outpatient Treatment Program must be a licensed alcohol and drug counselor as this position requires half-time work as a counselor. The other half-time responsibilities will be devoted to supervision of full-time counselors, case managers, technicians, or other paraprofessionals. Supervision entails case consultation with program staff, facilitating peer review/team meetings, assurance of compliance with legal and ethical standards of practice and record keeping. Administration duties include assisting the SUD Coordinator in monitoring program services for fidelity to evidence based practice, billing accuracy and timeliness, and compliance with policies and procedures. Further it includes program design, development, grant writing and evaluation of personnel and the SUD Outpatient Treatment Program. These duties culminate in submission of monthly/quarterly/annual reports to program grant funders, the Fond du Lac Reservation Business Committee, Human Services Division Director and the SUD Department Coordinator.
- Supervise all Outpatient Treatment Program staff.
- Monitor program efforts and reporting (written and oral) to the SUD Department Coordinator.
- Evaluate program policies and procedures recommend changes to department coordinator.
- Participates in staff evaluation and assess effort required to accomplish stated goals.
- Develop, monitor, and improve program contents.
- Integrate program operations and individual client care.
- Ensure all billing and collections for care have been pursued.
- Facilitate and create, if necessary, peer review processes for the Outpatient Treatment Programs.
- Conduct the 12 core functions of a Licensed Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor with individual clients. This includes working with a treatment team to ensure holistic care of program clients.
- Submit monthly/quarterly/annual reports to the department coordinator.
- Conduct monthly program audits.
- Facilitate groups for the Outpatient Treatment Program.
- Counsel Outpatient Treatment Program clients and their families/significant others.
- Transports clients to and from their homes to attend Outpatient Treatment services.
- Inventory and maintain supplies.
- Maintain facility security and safety policies are followed at all times. Including after hours alarm calls.
- Coordinates repairs and building services with maintenance personnel.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Licensed Alcohol and other Drug Counselor or equivalent certification from Upper Midwest Indian Council on Addictive Disorders is required.
- Experience with addiction counseling of American Indian clientele is preferred.
- Experience program design and evaluation is required.
- Experience in supervising a large multi-disciplinary team preferred.
- Must be free from chemical use problems for at least two years preceding hire and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- All staff with direct client contact must remain free of chemical use problems as a condition of employment with the Outpatient Treatment Programs.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720