|Title:||Purchasing Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||August 22, 2021|
|Salary:||$50,000.00 per year|
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for sourcing equipment, supplies, and services in accordance with Band policies and grant requirements.
- Manages Fond du Lac Band’s purchasing functions by directing the purchase of goods and services, negotiating contract terms and prices, and selecting vendors.
- Acts as resource to provide information and determines the most effective way of meeting the needs of management and staff.
- Performs purchasing functions such as product/service research, vendor selection, price and contract terms negotiation, purchase order completion, etc.
- Drafts bid specifications: requests bid proposals from vendors and prepares contracts for major purchases. Writes specifications for purchases as assigned, monitors the frequency of purchases and recommends possible options to increase effectiveness or purchasing power.
- Researches product market information relating to furniture, equipment and supply purchases.
- Expedites purchase orders by identifying and resolving vendor and shipment problems.
- Assists staff with purchasing and procurement procedures.
- Maintains operating files of departmental information and prepares related reports.
- Reviews invoices and materials/items received for accuracy and processes for payment.
- Monitors departmental expenditures for purchasing.
- Identifies possible products/services used Reservation wide that could be candidates for blank purchase agreements.
- Maintains knowledge of Fond du Lac Ordinance #07/95, Budgets & Procurement.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field; or two to four years of purchasing related experience, or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of standard products and sources of supply for commonly used business items.
- Knowledge of effective methods of organizing and implementing a procurement and supply inventory program.
- Knowledge of supply inventory maintenance, disbursement and storage systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with vendors, contractors, etc. to obtain the most cost effective prices and contract terms for goods and services purchased by the Reservation.
- Ability to supervise and direct assigned staff including monitoring and evaluating work performance interviewing and hiring staff, conducting training and development, establishing work priorities and scheduling job tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720