|Title:||Mental Health Counselor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Behavioral Health Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||August 5, 2021|
|Salary:||$29.50 - $33.93 per hour|
The Mental Health Counselor will accept referrals and provide scheduled counseling sessions for individuals, groups and families of the Fond du Lac community matching modalities with clients needs. The Mental Health Counselors are assigned to a site where they may serve all ages.
- Provide mental health counseling to clients in the service area.
- Accept referrals and refer clients to other providers as appropriate.
- Conduct appropriate outreach activities as needed.
- Team with Mental Health Case Managers for optimum service to clients.
- Assist clients with improving independent living skills through therapeutic support and referral to other providers.
- Administer Client Diagnostic and Functional Assessments as needed and provide results with assigned ARMHS Workers and Mental Health Case Managers.
- Consult with Clinical Supervisor about medication management, diagnosis, and issues in therapeutic sessions.
- Distribute questionnaire to determine client satisfaction.
- Provide group and/or family counseling to clients in the service area.
- Assess community member to determine current needs.
- Schedule group/family counseling sessions as needed.
- Review size and nature of caseload with Department Coordinator at least bi-monthly.
- Conduct in-service training sessions for Human Services staff on topics related to service delivery as needed.
- Schedule periodic sessions with Department Coordinator to schedule in-service sessions.
- Evaluate the sessions conducted.
- Provide community education sessions.
- Assess the need for community education with Department Coordinator.
- Keep accurate client charts according to record keeping policy and procedures.
- Allow adequate time for record keeping.
- Complete reports promptly (monthly Reservation Business Committee reports, program quarterly reports).
- Be knowledgeable of in-house and area resources.
- Use appropriate referral avenues and follow up the referral with a team meeting when appropriate.
- Be prepared for client return from referral when necessary.
- Allow for proper closure when possible.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Provide information to program evaluation.
- Assess effectiveness of service delivery.
- Arrange for psychological testing of clients and referents.
- Plan and participate in community information/education/recreational events as needed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- A Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work with clinical experience is required.
- A Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker is preferred.
- Experience working with Indian community is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- One year experience working with Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American clients, communities, and the ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720