|Title:||Lead Indian Child Welfare Social Worker, Full Time|
|Location:||Human Services – As Designated|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||July 29, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$32.00 - $36.80 per hour|
The lead ICWA Social Worker will provide guidance and instruction for the ICWA Social Workers and the Family First Workers. The lead will also assist the Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator as needed and requested.
- Assist with the hiring process of ICWA workers.
- Assist with supervision of ICWA workers including scheduling, performance review, promotions, and disciplinary actions if needed.
- Screen and accept referrals from coordinating agencies, FDL, providers, courts and individuals.
- Assign cases as needed to ICWA workers.
- Assist ICWA in the development of appropriate service plans for clients, follow-up and call consultations.
- Assist with reviewing department policies and procedures related to child protection.
- Assist Coordinator with case reviews as needed.
- Maintain positive and effective public relations and working relationships with local, private, and other government agencies.
- Attend court hearings as necessary.
- Oversee accurate record keeping for timely audits.
- Serve as primary case manager as needed.
- Maintain client records.
- Advocate for clients and serve as liaison with other providers.
- Assist in initial meetings and home visits as needed.
- Coordinate available resources to meet client family needs.
- Conduct file audits as directed by department Coordinator.
- Complete and submit reports promptly to include: monthly RBC reports, daily logs, master list, funding source required data, and all other data requested by Coordinator.
- Inform ICWA workers of requirements of project, changes in procedures, assignments, and general administrative information from the Social Services Coordinator.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Appropriate work attire required,
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D driver’s license required. Must have a vehicle with proof of insurance with liability being the minimum coverage and must insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field is required.
- One to three years supervisory experience is required.
- 3 to five years’ experience working with American Indian communities, culture, customs, traditions, and beliefs is required.
- 3 to five years’ experience working with American Indian clients, communities, and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of court systems preferred.
- Experience with group facilitation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720