|Title:||Infection Prevention Trainer, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||August 2, 2021|
The Infection Prevention (IP) Trainer is responsible for identifying, investigating, monitoring, and reporting healthcare-associated infections. The IP Trainer collaborates with Fond du Lac (FDL) Human Services Division Departments, multidisciplinary teams and individuals to create infection prevention strategies, provide feedback, and sustain infection prevention strategies. This position works closely with the Infection Prevention Specialist to develop and maintain the Infection Prevention needs under the Comprehensive Safety Plan, and as directed by the Infection Prevention Committee.
- Provide infection prevention and control information and data to various committees, departments and healthcare workers across the FDL Human Services Division.
- Assist the Infection Prevention Specialist in determining learning needs of the FDL Human Services Division.
- Execute a variety of training approaches to ensure that staff at FDL Human Services Division are properly trained in and informed of Infection Control measures and policies.
- Achieve educational goals, objectives, and strategies using learning principles and available educational tools and technology.
- Facilitate environment of continuous learning regarding infection control at FDL Human Services Division.
- Provide onsite and offsite training in a variety of Infection Control topics to staff of FDL Human Service Division.
- Assist Infection Control Specialist in ensuring compliance with regulatory and mandatory reporting requirements at the local, state, tribal and federal levels.
- Stay current on infection prevention and control industry best practices.
- Assist in the application and training of occupational health policies and procedures as they may be related to the Infection Control Plan.
- Assist in development of Environmental Services Program (EVS).
- Serve as primary training resource in the development and maintenance of EVS program, ensuring that EVS staff are trained and equipped to complete necessary functions.
- Assist in mitigation of risk of occupational exposures to infectious disease including providing education on best practices, policies and procedures relating to Infection Control Plan.
- Assist with Blood Borne Pathogens (BBP) management program including conducting BBP training, and recordkeeping.
- Assist with immunization and screening programs including conducting training and recordkeeping.
- Advocate for patient safety, health worker safety, and safe practices.
- Act as primary facilitator for the dissemination, communication and training on topics related to infection control. Includes creation of emails and other written communication, visual aids, videos and in-person training curriculums.
- Participate in an infection prevention and control professional organization/association (i.e.: APIC).
- Contribute to the development of less-experienced FDL Human Services staff through education and mentorship.
- Prepare and deliver infection prevention presentations to groups.
- Participate in an infection prevention and control professional organization/association (i.e.: APIC, CBIC, AHA/AHE)
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements
- LPN and/or Associates Degree in a medical, communication, education or otherwise applicable field; two years’ experience working in infection prevention; or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Obtain Certified Health Care Environmental Services Professional (CHESP), Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST), or similar certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within one year of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Demonstrated experience working with native American communities, culture customs, and beliefs is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American Clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to work with the public is required.
- Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology (i.e.: CIC© preferred) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720