|Title:||Cook Helper, Full Time 9 Months|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||July 29, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$23,000 - $30,000 per year|
- Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Check food shipments and sign invoices after each order has been verified.
- Assist in the preparation of food according to the planned menu and determines is the finished product is of the best quality in flavor and appearance before it is served.
- Assist with the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware and utensils.
- Assists with clean up duties within the kitchen.
- Reports to the cook supervisor of all faulty equipment or inferior food received.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationship with all program participants and staff.
- Establish and maintain an attractive, safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children.
- In the absence of the Cook Supervisor and Cook, the Cook Helper will prepare all meals.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affects the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- One year experience in food service is required.
- Working knowledge of food inventory and ordering is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720