|Title:||Collection Site Attendant 1, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||FDL Collection Site|
|Supervisor:||Collection Site Supervisor|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
Under close supervision of the Collection Site Supervisor performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in the recycling center of Public Works Department and off-site as necessary; and performs related duties as required.
- Performs preparatory work for maintenance activities, including gathering equipment, materials and supplies, loading and unloading materials, and laying out materials and equipment for projects.
- Performs a variety of routine physical labor tasks, depending upon area of assignment, including pulling weeds, picking up litter, raking leaves and debris, emptying trash bins and performing minor custodial work.
- Performs cleanup at end of the day or when the job is completed, including picking up tools, spills, debris and proper disposal, cleaning work areas and performing touch up work as needed.
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials, such as concrete, drywall, plastics, and wood into containers or bucket loaders; sorts metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, for recycling.
- Operates forklift, wheel loader, and utility loader in customer areas; loads and drives light trucks.
- Keeps recycle yard clean by sweeping, raking, picking up broken glass and loose paper debris, and maneuvering barrels and bins into proper locations.
- Inspects trucks and other vehicles hauling recycled materials to determine the type and weight of materials; calculates weights of materials; records information on materials received or prepared for shipment to processing companies.
- Directs customers and drivers to proper loading/unloading areas; assists customers and drivers with unloading and loading recycling materials; directs the work of contract laborers assigned to recycling activities.
- Assist with the pick-up of materials from customers as assigned.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High School diploma or GED is desired.
- Previous work experience in a recycling center is desired.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720