|Title:||Agricultural Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Tribal College Extension Programs Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||August 2, 2021|
|Salary:||$15.00 per hour|
Fond du Lac Tribal College Extension’s mission is to support the FDL Food Sovereignty Initiatives and provide support to community members by offering classes, growing plots, supplies, and training in agricultural production and harvest. Agricultural Assistant will work at the FDL Tribal College Extension garden sites helping to complete all tasks.
- Will enthusiastically develop competency in and complete all tasks established by the to effectively and efficiently grow quality organic produce for agricultural training programs and demonstration sites.
- Will assist Farmer Producer participants with their plots and harvest. Will assist Tribal Agricultural Coordinator in inventory and ordering process as needed.
- Assist Tribal Agricultural Coordinator with administrative tasks such as crop records, recording, and production.
- Attend weekly meetings with existing agricultural related community groups such as the Journey Garden Youth Program, Gitigaan and Food Sovereignty Initiative team to discuss ways of integrating programs and increasing the audience and participation in outreach programming.
- Build relationships, work in partnership with other programs, and develop our presence in the community.
- Advertise and promote events by creating flyers and attending community events.
- Provide one-on-one consultations with producers in the training program and in the larger community to connect them to resources and support based on their specific needs.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must water crops when needed.
- Creating fact sheets on relevant garden practices, from pollinator gardens to rain barrels or adapting existing materials.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Walking, pushing, pulling, and climbing are required.
- Subject to inside and outside working conditions including adverse weather conditions.
- Operate heavy farm equipment such as tractors.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- One year of experience working in a garden and/or agricultural setting is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Proven ability to develop meaningful connections with diverse communities, including a wide range of organizations, tribal leaders, and tribal members.
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and as a team member within deadlines and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720