|Title:||Administrator Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Law Enforcement|
|Closing Date:||August 4, 2021|
|Salary:||$18.00 - $24.00 per hour|
Assists the Office Administrator and provides clerical and administrative support for the Law Enforcement Division. Maintains confidentiality of all reports and investigations. Secures final disposition on all case files.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for the police department, including typing letters, specifications, supplementary reports, grants, schedules, search warrants, taped statements, memos and other documents from written and/or dictation form.
- Prepares case files and statements for the County, City and Tribal Attorney’s Office and insurance companies.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of Criminal Justice Information System/National Crime Information Center (CJIS/NCIC) "Hot Files" information as well as statistical information into Criminal Justice Reporting System (CJRS).
- Classifies Initial Class Complaint Reports (ICR’s), Initial Call (IR), and Calls for Service (CFS) on a daily basis to include classifying incident, classified with Minnesota Offense Codes (MOC), classifying location of incident, and edits contents of reports.
- Attached appropriate paperwork to ICR’s IR’s and CFS’s including tickets, Tab Charges, reports and miscellaneous paperwork.
- Enters MOC Codes from ICR’s into CJRS system and into the local department criminal history file to include arrests, traffic tickets, animal tickets, deceased, victims, suspects, juvenile petitions and formal complaints.
- Assists with Suspense File in Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) Criminal History System, including systems to determine issue and appropriate resolution. Notify parties involved to take appropriate action to resolve the issue, if needed. Follow up and review to determine resolution of the Suspense record has occurred.
- Provides assistance and appropriate information to citizens, news agencies, insurance companies, the military, attorneys, other law enforcement agencies, and others, via telephone, in person electronically, or through mail regarding questions, complaints, requests, etc., based on established department policies and procedures, and according to direction from the Chief. Determine what information to release under the Data Privacy guidelines and the information sharing policy between the Fond du Lac Police Department and Divisions overseeing all residential property owned or Administered by the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. Process records requests based on the nature of the data the permission of the requesting party to receive the data, to include review of report and redaction of confidential information, while supplying accurate information relating to the Police Officer’s reports.
- Assists with monthly/quarterly/yearly reports that are sent to BIA, BCA, FBI, Tribal Council and grant managers.
- Assists with Nation Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS) making sure is completed and accurate for submission.
- Assist with notifying officers for court and coordinating with County, City and Tribal Court officers availability.
- Enters lost, stolen or found property and missing person into local files and enter items in NCIC/CJRS.
- Enters Formal Complaints, Juvenile Petitions and Dispositions as they are referred by courts system.
- Codes, classifies, completes and submits fingerprint cards for the BCA and FBI.
- Distributes and routes correspondence and maintains appropriate files.
- Deals with public on a daily basis providing general information of Tribal Ordinances, driver’s license information, and vehicle information to various companies and insurance.
- Maintains all records and files including photo imaging log, to include coding of photo line-ups and scanning of photos into computer system.
- Receive and route incoming calls and visitors to the department. Answers questions and explain procedures for the department. Takes complaints and composes ICRs and IR.
- Coordinates with officers the release of vehicles towed by requesting and receiving the proper paperwork such as insurance information, vehicle ownership, etc.
- Completes criminal history reports using the CJIS/NCIC and local records.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Maintains and stores outdated files and archiving systems.
- Manage preservation and release of all information in accordance with data privacy laws.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality for financial records and for all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 2 years customer service experience is required.
- Knowledge of office skills is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720