|Title:||Surveillance Operator I, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$13.00 - $18.50 per hour|
|Contact:||Gail St. Germaine, Phone: 218 878-2359|
The Surveillance Operator 1 observes, records, reports and reviews on activity that occurs at the Black Bear Casino Resort. They protect the assets of the Casino by utilizing knowledge and training in various fields including regulatory law, cheating, scams, frauds and other means to achieve those ends. The Surveillance Operator 1 investigates actions that occur on the property in both live and recorded video, and then provides written and verbal reports on these events.
- Observes, reports, reviews, records, and protects the assets of the Casino.
- Monitors Casino to ensure compliance with regulations, laws, policy and procedures.
- Maintains complete familiarity with current regulatory requirement and all appropriate department procedures.
- Understands and operates all equipment.
- Maintains up-to-date and current information on known cheaters, counters, scams, and/or methods to achieve these. Ensures knowledge of all casino games (dealing, slots, pull tabs, bingo, etc.) is current and up-to-date.
- Monitors all gaming areas.
- Documents all Casino actions requested by management.
- Documents all infractions.
- Conducts random or special surveillance when requested.
- Documents illegal activity (taped and/or written).
- Cooperates and interacts with all departments when necessary.
- Interacts with special forces when needed as well as other casinos.
- Records all transactions regarding money.
- Researches necessary video and written documents when needed.
- Remains alert to all possibilities and makes suggestions referring final judgment to supervisor(s).
- When necessary, assumes the Surveillance Operator 2 position.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required.
- Prolonged sitting, with some lifting and walking is required.
- Subject to outside and inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Knowledge of surveillance systems and equipment (camera, DVRs, computers, etc.) is required.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the laws of the United States and State of Minnesota is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing and Excel is required.
- Must be certified in blackjack within 90 days of hire date is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under stressful situation is required.
- A willingness to learn and adaptability are required.
- Demonstrated ability to take and follow directions is required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718