|Title:||Gift Shop Supervisor, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||August 2, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$14.00 - $20.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218-878-2348|
The Gift Shop Supervisor is responsible to ensure the Casino Gift Shop is open, staffed and stocked during assigned hours. The Gift Shop Supervisor fills in for the Gift Shop Manager in the Manager's absence. Further, the Gift Shop Supervisor will participate in training all new Gift Shop employees as required.
- Duties include all position responsibilities of the Gift Shop Clerk.
- Supervises the day to day operations of the Casino Gift Shop.
- Contacts and selects merchandise vendors, and purchases merchandise as required.
- Controls and maintains merchandise inventory levels in the gift shop.
- Checks in all merchandise and reports breakage and variances in the orders.
- Assists with the pricing of merchandise.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Oversees that the Gift Shop staff cleans Gift Shop areas, and merchandise.
- Title 31/SAR Training required and will be provided.
- Maintains accurate records and orderly filing systems.
- Protects all casino assets including Gift Shop cash, credit and inventory.
- Understands that as a Supervisor he/she must maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Models and maintains a high standard of Guest Service in the Gift Shop.
- Routinely assists the operation by working as a Gift Shop Clerk.
- Assists in the provision of work direction, scheduling, training, performance evaluations, and the full range of supervisory duties for the department (Guest Service, hiring, retention, discipline, etc.)
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities that effect the operational efficiency of the casino.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
- Provides notice to the manager prior to absence or lateness in accordance with casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Casino, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Physical requirements routinely include lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, standing, bending, stooping, reaching and grasping.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment
- The incumbent must have 3 years’ experience in the operation and/supervision of retail sales, or education above the high school level in retail sales management or other closely related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to manage and supervise effectively is required.
- Skills in developing directives, instructions, and procedures concerning the management of a retail store operation are required.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to relate well with the public is required.
- Some travel is required.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, and other pre-employment screening requirements.
- Subject to all applicable drug test policies.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718