|Title:||Buffet Host/Hostess, Full/Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$10.00 - $17.05 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218-878-2348|
Maintains an efficient and courteous restaurant operation by greeting arriving customers, receiving and accurately processing payment for restaurant charges, seating, establishing rapport, and assisting with restaurant service.
- Immediately greets and welcomes every guest as they enter the Buffet; acknowledges and thanks all guests as they depart; and offers other information as necessary.
- Interacts with and develops rapport with the guests and responds to questions.
- Monitors the restaurant area to ensure smooth operation and customer satisfaction.
- Records all necessary information on waiting lists when the restaurant is full.
- Uses proper paging procedures when paging anyone (this applies when a wait list is active).
- Escorts every guest to their table and ensures tables are properly set up.
- Ensures even seating of the restaurant by seating the tables in proper rotation.
- Maximizes the seating of the restaurant.
- Communicates with kitchen and staff to insure steady flow of dining guests.
- Assists servers and bussers with refilling beverages and/or clearing tables as directed by the manager-on-duty.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Accepts payment from customers; operates cash register; makes change; completes all necessary documentation for fund accountability.
- Answers telephone and takes reservations for the Steakhouse using professional language. Must be able to take and record Steakhouse reservations accurately. Must be knowledgeable on Steakhouse menu and specials.
- Provides information to guests; must be knowledgeable about other restaurants, shops and locations on property and about current/upcoming events.
- Keeps work area/podium clean and organized. Highchairs and boosters should be wiped down at the end of each shift.
- Maintains waiting list of guests; It is the host/hostess’s responsibility to know what tables are available, who is covering each section and how to seat guests alternately in each section.
- Walks around and checks on guest satisfaction, refills water, busses tables while always keeping an eye on the podium.
- Maintains a clean and attractive restaurant by assisting with vacuuming, sweeping, general cleaning and side work duties; Checks the proper setup of tables and seating prior to opening.
- Responds to any reasonable task assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds is required.
- Prolonged standing and walking are required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Ability to relate well and amicably with a friendly, professional, and outgoing personality is required.
- Ability to work well with others and function well in fast paced environment.
- Skills in cash handling and the ability to count moneys accurately are required.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a close communication with other staff is required.
- Ability to use proper telephone procedures and etiquette.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718