|Transportation Driver, Full/Part Time
|Rate of Pay:
|$18.78 - $23.48 per hour
This position is responsible for transporting enrolled children Ojibwe School and Head Start Programs to and from homes and the Ojibwe School and Head Start Programs or on field trips. Coordinates with the Transportation Supervisor and service providers to meet the needs of the children.
- Transportation driver will drive all scheduled student days of the school year as outlined in the school calendar as established by the School Board.
- A thorough daily safety and maintenance check is required prior to each time a transportation vehicle goes out on a regular route. This pertains to both morning and afternoon routes and extracurricular driving as well as is to be done by the individual drivers.
- Interior of each transportation vehicle will be cleaned after morning, afternoon and extracurricular trips.
- Ensures the safety of themselves and participants while in transit.
- Instructs participants on safety procedures they must follow while riding in the van.
- Obey state and local traffic laws.
- Follow Transportation Department safety policy and procedures.
- Respond with appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Ensures proper maintenance and security of vehicles.
- Provides maintenance of transportation vehicles, e.g. Stickers, license plates, inspections, etc.
- Fills up transportation vehicles with gas/oil change/air for tires and other routine service checks on the transportation vehicles.
- Takes transportation vehicles for servicing as recommended by owner’s manual and instructed by Transportation Supervisor.
- Maintains vehicle appearance - clean and wash exterior and vacuum interior.
- Ensures security of transportation vehicles.
- Performs a variety of administrative and record keeping duties related to Transportation Department policy and procedures.
- Completes and maintains vehicle maintenance and usage information according to Transportation Department schedule, including, but not limited to:
- Mileage log
- Transportation vehicle usage checklist
- Maintenance log
- Service record
- Credit card receipts
- Maintains effective transportation vehicle discipline.
- Assist in preparing for school term and summer lay-up whenever possible.
- Be knowledgeable of transportation vehicle driver’s manual contents.
- Attend meetings and training program as instructed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Maintain a current list of assigned students aboard bus for each route.
- Be available to go on extracurricular bus runs as needed.
- Sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged sitting, with some lifting and walking is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Class B Driver’s License with a school bus endorsement is required within 90 days of hire and must maintain licensure for duration of employment. Employment is contingent upon receiving licensure and endorsement.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Basic understanding of state and local traffic regulations and laws are required.
- Ability to learn how to organize and schedule transportation support activities and functions is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720