|Title:||School Bus Driver, Full/Part Time/On Call|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$20.45 - $25.57 per hour|
- Bus drivers will drive all scheduled student days of the school year as outlined in the school calendar as established by the School Board.
- A thorough daily safety and maintenance check is required prior to each time a bus goes out on a regular route. This pertains to both morning and afternoon routes and extracurricular driving as well as is to be done by the individual drivers.
- Interior of each bus will be cleaned after morning, afternoon and extracurricular trips.
- Complete reports in the prescribed manner.
- Maintains effective bus discipline.
- Assist in preparing for school term and summer lay-up whenever possible.
- Be knowledgeable of bus driver’s manual contents.
- Attend meetings and training program as instructed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Maintain a current list of assigned students aboard bus for each route.
- Be available to go on extracurricular bus runs as needed.
- Sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather.
- Annual physical required.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license with a bus driver’s endorsement is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing and in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720