|Title:||General Maintenance Worker II, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Public Maintenance Supervisor|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.78 - $23.48 per hour|
Performs routine carpentry, repairs, general maintenance, labor duties and special projects as assigned.
- Performs general repair and maintenance work including:
- Checking and performing minor repairs (including replacement) on basic plumbing.
- Plaster and drywall repair or replacement.
- Painting – interior and/or exterior
- Light electrical repair such as light fixture, outlet or switch replacement, appliance repair
- Performs basic carpentry tasks including, but not limited to, exterior siding, access ramps, porches, steps, flooring, sub-flooring, doors and door locks, windows, ceiling, baseboards, roofing, cabinetry and trim.
- Tiling, carpet installation, and other flooring-related tasks.
- If applicable, transports materials, equipment and tools to work sites.
- Receives work orders and completes projects tasks.
- Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles utilized per work site; ensures adherence to principles and practices of safe use and operation of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles.
- Performs various tasks using power tools and equipment to include but not limited to lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chainsaws (if certified) etc.
- Performs preparatory work for maintenance activities including gathering equipment, material and supplies, loading and unloading materials, and laying out material and equipment for projects.
- Performs a variety of routine physical labor tasks, depending upon area of assignment.
- Performs preparatory work for maintenance activities, including gathering equipment, materials and supplies, loading and unloading materials, and laying out materials and equipment for projects.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Demonstrated skills related to the trades fields and general maintenance is required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Valid Drivers Class D driver’s license is desired.
- Experience with lawn mowers, weed whips, rakes, shovels, chainsaws is desired.
- Experience in cutting and splitting wood is desired.
- Required to work after hours, weekends and holidays as requested and/or needed.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720