|Title:||Steakhouse Host/Hostess, Full/Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$7.85 - $13.25 per hour + tips
(equaling an average of $6.00 per hour)
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218-878-2340|
- Greets arriving guests.
- Inquires about the number in the party, smoking or non-smoking preferences, and shows guests to their table, offering menus and other information as necessary.
- Interacts with and develops rapport with the customers and responds to questions.
- Assists waitstaff and bussers as necessary.
- Accepts payment from customers.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR training.
- Operates cash register. Makes change. Completes necessary documentation for fund accountability.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged standing and walking is required.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds may be required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Ability to relate well with a friendly, professional, and outgoing personality is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally is required.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a close communication with other staff is required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks and other pre-employment screening requirements.
- Skills in cash handling and the ability to count money accurately are required.
- Strictly follows State of Minnesota guidelines for the checking of identification of customers who appears to be under 21 years of age.
- Follows serving guidelines for intoxicated customers and advises the manager on duty if the customer appears to be under the excessive influence for a determination as to the continued service of alcohol.
- Must meet the age requirement of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Liquor Ordinance (18).
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718