|Title:||Front Desk/Night Auditor, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $20.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218-878-2340|
- Responds to the needs of the guest. May be the initial hotel representative and is responsible for the satisfaction of the guest.
- Handles all checkouts, registrations, guest charges, reservations, telephone calls, and special guest requests as they occur. Is especially attentive to guest messages, wake-up calls, and complaints.
- Handles all cash and credit card transactions, including balancing drawer at shift end. Takes a cashiers report (count and verify cash), changes the shift key on the cash register. Maintains adequate change fund in register. Keeps constant security of cash.
- Handles all guest requests on a timely basis. Checks daily all guest mail to the phone rack and future reservations. Makes courtesy calls to all new guests.
- Delivers supplies to guest rooms as requested.
- Responds to questions regarding casino operations and local area. Must be knowledgeable of all functions in the hotel and specials in the restaurant and bar.
- Answers telephone and/or switchboard as needed. Checks reservation system and fax for reservations and answers all administrative message immediately.
- Balances all department keys before end of shift and follows procedures for all register posting. Keeps constant security of keys.
- Representatives on second shift should verify housekeeper's report of room status immediately after receiving it. If there are any differences between the room rack, the guest tray, and the housekeeper's reports, these differences must be investigated and corrected.
- Monitors guest accounts as charges are posted, and notifies supervisor of any extreme charges to any guest accounts or any suspicious or questionable actions by a guest.
- Checks all checkout folios, paid, direct billing and credit card against the room and phone rack, to be sure all cards were removed.
- Verifies that all checks are properly endorsed and stamped.
- Representatives on second shift should pull non-guaranteed no shows; cancel, time stamp, initial, and file.
- Responsible for security of guests and must be knowledgeable of evacuation and safety procedures.
- Processes miscellaneous forms. Updates room rack in coordination with guest checkouts, checkins, and housekeeping department. Performs filing duties.
- Keeps constant check on reservation status, and the room status of other area hotels.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR training.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day and on holidays.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Continuous standing, speaking, and listening are required.
- Environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- Strong customer service and hospitality skills are required.
- Basic computer knowledge including, posting, telephone, and reservation equipment.
- Cash handling skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping systems is required.
- Knowledge of local hospitality industry is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718