|Title:||Announcer, Part Time|
|Location:||WKLK Radio Station|
|Supervisor:||Station Operations Manager|
|Closing Date:||September 28, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$10.00 per hour|
Provide on air performance services to the WKLK Radio Stations.
- Prepare and deliver news, sports and/or weather reports, gathering and rewriting materials so that it will convey required information and specific time slots.
- Read news bulletin to inform audiences of important events.
- Identify stations, and introduce or close shows, using memorized or read scripts, and or ad-libs.
- Select program content, in conjunction with producers and assistants, based on factors such as program specialties, audience tastes, or requests from the public.
- Study background information in order to prepare for programs or interviews.
- Comment on music and other matters, such as weather or traffic conditions.
- Interview show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
- Discuss various topics over the telephone with viewers or listeners.
- Host civic, charitable, or promotional events that are broadcast over television or radio.
- Make promotional appearances at public or private events.
- Operate control consoles.
- Announce musical selections, station breaks, commercials, or public service information, and accept requests from listening audience.
- Keep daily program logs to provide information on all elements aired during broadcast, such as musical selections and station promotions.
- Record commercials for later broadcast.
- Locate guests to appear on talk or interview shows.
- Coordinate games, contests, or other on-air competitions, performing such duties as asking questions and awarding prizes.
- Attend press conferences in order to gather information for broadcast.
- Provide commentary and conduct interviews during sporting events, parades, conventions, and other events.
- Give network cues permitting selected stations to receive programs.
- Moderate panels or discussion shows on topics such as current affairs, art, or education.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, communications, journalism or other related field; three years experience working in the broadcasting, communications or journalism field; or a combination of education and experience is required
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720