|Title:||Transit Driver, Full/Part Time/On Call|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
- Operates Reservation bus on assigned routes to transport customers to and from destination.
- Operates Reservation bus on an on-demand transportation system to transport customers to and from destinations.
- Greets customers as they board and depart the bus. If necessary, assists customers on and off the bus.
- Responds to general requests for information.
- Keeps the bus interior clean.
- Conducts proper daily pre-trip inspections of the bus. Coordinates the use of other Fond du Lac vehicles when the bus is in for repairs and unavailable.
- Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for customer comfort.
- Complete reports in the prescribed manner.
- Be knowledgeable of bus driver’s manual contents.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Attend meetings and training program as instructed by the Community Transportation Director .
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged sitting while operating the vehicle.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- If applicant does not possess a Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement at time of hire; they must receive the Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement within 3 months of hire date. Employment is contingent upon this requirement.
- Ability to physically assist customers as necessary is required.
- The incumbent must immediately report any change in the status of their driver’s license to the supervisor, and the personnel office.
- Ability to operate an automatic and manual transmission is required.
- First aid and CPR training is desired.
- Knowledge of locations and addresses in the local community is desired.
- Ability to be available to work all shifts is required.
- Incumbent is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of their uniforms, and to report to work in proper uniform at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class B CDL Driver’s License with a passenger endorsement is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720