|Title:||Secretary/Receptionist, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Administrative Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||December 12, 2018|
The Secretary/Receptionist will serve as the initial contact point for the public and facilitate patient registration and way finding within their respective facility.
- Answer telephone, route calls, take messages as necessary.
- Receive patients in a positive and polite manner to foster positive customer relations.
- Help patients understand administrative requirements in a clear and polite manner.
- Help patients navigate entry points for all human services.
- Play a supportive role to Patient Advocates, Contract Health, Special Funds and other division staff when patients need additional assistance.
- Update patient demographics, insurance, and eligibility document while safeguarding client information.
- Perform secretarial duties as required by the Administrative Services Coordinator.
- Provide back-up to the Medical Receptionist.
- Sort and stamp mail.
- Use public address system as needed.
- Monitor waiting room for client/guest behavior.
- Clear receptionist area of unnecessary traffic.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Office experience and telephone experience and knowledge of office machines are preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720