|Title:||Risk/Loss Manager, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Quality Assurance Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||October 15, 2021|
|Salary:||$28.42 - $32.68 per hour|
Responsible for the health care risk management of the Human Services Division (HSD) including analysis of system risk/loss within finance, disaster recovery planning, emergency incident management, personnel safety and security, patient safety, identification of required insurance coverage, and ongoing assessment of potential risks to the division due to theft, fraud, and medical or human service errors.
- Develop and communicates to Directors and key personnel what risk issues are and be able to provide them with a plan to minimize risk. The Risk/Loss manager must be able to produce status reports regarding the level of risk associated with any given area of the HSD.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the division’s risk management program including proactively identifying the division’s exposure to loss, managing and responding to those exposures, and implementing proactive risk mitigation practices.
- Conducts risk assessments, which involves analyzing risk as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the department or area. Utilizes managerial skills to analyze alternative and treat identifiable risks with appropriate risk control and risk financing methods.
- Assist with preparation of insurance needs and coverage specifications for the purpose of ensuring adequate coverage for HSD, identifies property loss exposures and work with Liability Company(s) as necessary to document appropriate levels of insurance coverage for the Division.
- Develop the systems necessary to provide all risk/loss reports relating to all incidents encountered in a timely manner and according to policy and procedures.
- Maintains a special awareness for all risk management, including compliance with laws relating to safety, industrial health, environmental protection, hazard control and safety, and loss prevention programs.
- Analyzes and assist with cost-effective risk financing strategies including risk transfer, self-insurance and alternative risk management methodologies to protect the assets of the company.
- Develops and provides support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the HSD. Assists in implementing in-service training programs on health and safety for the purpose of reducing the incidence of accidents and meeting state, tribal, and federal guidelines.
- Reports and documents all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions to Quality Assurance Coordinator and/or workgroup(s) for quality improvement.
- Serves as the Division liaison with consultants and tribes legal counsel to review general liability, claims, to mitigate risk/ loss, and other insurance or property related programs.
- Evaluates, develops and provides guidance on responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive employee, patient/client, and citizen safety complaints or concerns as necessary for the division.
- Supervision of risk management staff including job coaching, providing corrective action to employees, planning, monitoring, and assisting in job functions.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Business, Law Enforcement or similar fields required.
- Master’s Degree in health care administration, nursing, public health, or law enforcement is preferred.
- Previous experience as a risk manager is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in safety and risk management, including supervision is required.
- Technical and working knowledge related to various regulatory agencies/issues, including but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Life Safety Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is required.
- CPR/First Aid training is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified one year of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American Clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Position may require on call availability.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720