|Title:||Registered Nurse, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Clinic Supervising Nurse|
|Closing Date:||September 28, 2021|
|Salary:||$28.00 - $33.00 per hour|
The Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the professional nursing process to provide individualized nursing care to infants, children, adults, and geriatric patients in an ambulatory setting. Provides direct nursing services and coordinates care with other departments and disciplines serving as a liaison between patients, their families and healthcare providers, and providing quality patient care through the development, implementation and evaluation of patient care needs.
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties for the care of patients with a variety of injuries and illnesses in various outpatient departments and/or field clinics.
- Assess patients’ conditions, screening and consults, and determines the required care needed.
- Set-up and operates and provide maintenance to specialized equipment.
- Perform routing nursing tasks including but not limited to patient set up, education, nursing assessment, procedures and injections.
- Safely administers prescribed oral medications and hypodermic injection following medication administration safeguards.
- Implement physicians' orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.
- Carry out all clinical nursing practices in accordance with procedures outlined in the nursing policy and procedure manual.
- Provides nursing services as needed and outlined in policy and procedure of the Substance Use Disorder (Tagwii) treatment services.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of reports of patients’ contacts, interventions, medical histories and monitoring changes in their condition in the medical record.
- Provides education to patient and families based on identified learning needs of the patient and/or by provider direction and documents interventions appropriately.
- Manage patient phone calls: perform telephone triage duties and schedule, advice, or redirect patients as appropriate to their presenting medical problems; communicate patient concerns to medical providers and communicate provider responses and treatment directions to patient.
- Participate in the identification, development and training of new procedures for the improvement of care.
- In the absence of the Clinic Nurse Supervisor(s) or Lead LPN assists in the daily staffing needs of Clinical Assistants to insure adequate coverage for all clinic services.
- Provides guidance to other nursing and non-nursing personnel of the medical department in the absence of a supervisor.
- Provides comprehensive care coordination for patients assigned to care, assessing the patient’s needs accordingly and facilitating communication amongst other clinicians providing care.
- Educate patients and their families on plans of care and fosters an environment for trust, respect to facilitate open communication and collaborative practices.
- Serves as an advocate between patients, their families and health care personnel to ensure efficient and prompt health care services.
- Represents the Medical Department in quality assurance and safety activities as delegated to help insure that medical services and delivered in a manner consistent with all applicable code requirements.
- If applicable, may be requested to travel to multiple work locations.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Unrestricted Minnesota Registered Nurse License is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification is required.
- Certification in Nurse Case Management is preferred.
- One or more years of experience in nursing is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Electronic Health Record experience is required; if not experienced at the time of hire; employee will be expected to demonstrate competence in use of EHR prior to completion of probation.
- Consistent demonstration of a team approach to care.
- Class D Driver’s license is desired.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Operations consist of shift work, seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720