|Title:||Registered Nurse Patient Advocate, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Clinic Supervising Nurse|
|Closing Date:||October 23, 2018|
Provides direct nursing services and coordinates care with other departments and disciplines serving as a liaison between patients, their families and healthcare providers, and providing quality patient care via the development, implementation and evaluation of individual patient care plans.
- Acts as a comprehensive care coordinator for patients assigned to care, assessing the patient’s needs accordingly and facilitating communication amongst other clinicians providing care.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient at admission and subsequently as needed in the course of treatment.
- Participate in development of patient goals and discharge plans as well as making revisions based on the changes in patient status.
- Evaluate/assist in evaluation of appropriateness of plan of care and revise on an ongoing basis with communications to all other disciplines.
- Initiates patient education based on identified learning needs of the patient and/or those providing care and documents appropriately.
- Educate patients and their families on how to follow their care plans and foster an environment for open communication and collaborative practices.
- Act as liaisons between patients, their families and health care personnel to ensure efficient and prompt health care services.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communications between Medical and Behavioral Health departments and between Medical and NARCH chronic pain rehabilitation program to help insure best coordination of patient care.
- Implements physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.
- Assist with patient set-up, vitals, lab sample collection, referrals, and other clinic support tasks as needed.
- Perform routing nursing tasks including education, nursing assessment, and injections.
- Represents the Medical Department in quality assurance and safety activities as delegated to help insure that medical services and delivered in a manner consistent with all applicable code requirements.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Current Minnesota License as Registered Nurse.
- One or more years of experience in nursing.
- Certification in Nurse Case Management preferred.
- Basic computer skills, Electronic Health Record experience preferred. Will be expected to demonstrate competence in use of HER prior to completion of probation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720