|Title:||Registered Dental Assistant, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||April 23, 2021|
|Salary:||$18.00 - $20.70 per hour|
- Those assistants beginning work at 7:30 a.m. and ending work at 5:30 p.m. are responsible for the set up and tear down each day. These duties include turning equipment on and off, running hand pieces and the maintenance of hand pieces, cleaning countertops and stocking operations.
- Review daily schedule and direct flow of patients for maximum efficiency. Have patient ready for doctors and staff by seating, charting, taking, x-rays, reviewing medical history, setting up armamentarium, etc. Anticipate and rove to help doctors, assistants and hygienist ease patient flow throughout the day.
- Assist in fourhanded dentistry.
- Take process and mount dental x-rays to include intraoral and panoramic films.
- Place and remove rubber dam.
- Apply topical medication and cavity varnishes as prescribed by the dentist.
- Apply pit and fissure sealants as directed by the dentist.
- Perform oral prophylaxis and topical fluoride treatments.
- Place and remove periodontal packs.
- Remove sutures.
- Perform and record blood pressure screenings.
- Take alginate impressions for study casts and opposing models and trim models.
- Perform lab duties including model work, secondary impression trays, mouth guards and other lab work as assigned.
- Sterilize and disinfect dental instruments on dental hand pieces, sterilizer, x-ray processor, and other equipment as required. Provide minor equipment repair.
- Provide and record Quality Assurance checks on autoclave and ultrasonic cleaner in absence of rover.
- Follow occupational safety guidelines for dental office personnel.
- Update MSDS and labeling for hazardous materials as directed by coordinator.
- Update lists of supplies and equipment needed on supply list. Keep current inventory stocked.
- Receive and unpack inventory.
- Clean and organize trays and tubs, operatory drawers, lab sterilization and x-ray rooms.
- Educate patients on oral health including plaque control instruction, oral appliance care, fluorides, nutrition and diet counseling, and preventive dentistry as designated by the dentist.
- Perform oral health screenings for community programs as requested and approved by the dentist.
- Assist in identifying dental high-risk groups and initiating preventive planning needed.
- Assist in coordination of fluoride rinse and fluoride tablet programs at the Ojibwe School.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring community dental prevention programs, including the annual health fair and National Children’s Dental Health Month activities.
- Assist in compiling and reporting programmatic data and surveys required by the RBC, HIS, and dental program to include annual, monthly, prevention, and fluoride reports and oral health screenings.
- Answer correspondence to dental suppliers, doctors, and patients as directed by dentist.
- Assist receptionist with scheduling patient appointments and other duties as requested.
- Enter pink slips when time permits.
- Attend staff retreats, monthly meetings, in-services, and Annual HIS Area Dental meetings.
- Attend continuing education courses as requested by dental coordinator.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Obtain and maintain computer proficiency.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities.
- Assist in training of new dental assistants.
- Abide by the policies set forth by the FDL Reservation and Min No Aya Win Human Services Center.
- Act on coordinator’s request to perform additional related duties as assigned.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Current Registration as a Dental Assistant in the State of Minnesota is required.
- CPR certification is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720