|Title:||Public Maintenance Supervisor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Public Works|
|Supervisor:||Public Maintenance Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||September 25, 2020|
|Salary:||$20.00 per hour|
Supervise the Public Maintenance staff and any other assigned seasonal projects staff.
- Supervises and directs the work crews in the completion of all job responsibilities. Ensures the staff is performing to standards established and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous, efficient and timely manner. Reviews validity and completeness of work order data. Ensures that completed work orders are filed.
- Establishes work priorities: determines the type of maintenance or repair required. Orders replacement parts, improvements and/or upgrades. Identifies maintenance and repair needs, prioritizes and presents recommendation to the Public Maintenance Coordinator.
- On-site inspection of work to be done and inspection of work already completed.
- Keeping crews supplied with necessary equipment.
- Verify time cards reflect hours worked by each crew member.
- Supervise disposal of debris and assist crews when needed to determine proper method(s) of disposal.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is desired.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated skills related to the trades fields and general maintenance is required.
- Required to work after hours, weekends and holidays as requested and/or needed.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720