|Title:||Public Maintenance Supervisor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Public Works|
|Supervisor:||Public Maintenance Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||February 19, 2019|
Supervise the Public Maintenance staff and any other assigned seasonal projects staff.
- Supervises and directs the work crews in the completion of all job responsibilities. Ensures the staff is performing to standards established and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous, efficient and timely manner. Reviews validity and completeness of work order data. Ensures that completed work orders are filed.
- Establishes work priorities: determines the type of maintenance or repair required. Orders replacement parts, improvements and/or upgrades. Identifies maintenance and repair needs, prioritizes and presents recommendation to the Public Maintenance Coordinator.
- On-site inspection of work to be done and inspection of work already completed.
- Keeping crews supplied with necessary equipment.
- Verify time cards reflect hours worked by each crew member.
- Supervise disposal of debris and assist crews when needed to determine proper method(s) of disposal.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is desired.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated skills related to the trades fields and general maintenance is required.
- Required to work after hours, weekends and holidays as requested and/or needed.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720