|Title:||Planning Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||September 24, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$14.00 - $18.00 per hour|
To work with the Planning Director in conducting research, administrative support and grant writing. Also, to work with other divisions in grant writing and grant support.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an accurate socio-economic database.
- Assist in the coordination of all new program development efforts on the Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Design and conduct needs assessments and other research as necessary to document needs and establish goals.
- Research, design and write grant proposals which address specific needs and goals established by the community, the Director of Planning and the Reservation Business Committee.
- Provide technical assistance to existing program supervisors in the areas of administration and development.
- Research and assist staff in the development of Tribal Enterprises.
- Research and develop contracts for the Planning Division and other divisions as needed.
- Provide administrative assistance for emergency management planning.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- A.A. degree, related field; three years' experience in the field; or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Previous experience in researching grant materials.
- Knowledge of State and Federal agencies and programs.
- Ability to write program narratives, grants and financial reports.
- Ability to work with people, funding agencies and planning agencies.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720