|Title:||Patient Resource Specialist, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Administrative Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$17.00 to $21.73 per hour|
The Patient Resource Specialist is responsible for assistance to community members for the use of FDL RBC approved program resources by reviewing patient referrals, reviewing eligibility for services, checking insurance coverage and making referrals to other departments as necessary.
- Accept and screen incoming referrals.
- Determine patient eligibility by performing the in-take screening.
- Confirm tribal affiliation.
- Refer to Patient Advocate, Medical Social Worker or other appropriate department to determine health insurance and/or other program eligibility.
- Uphold and maintain RBC approved program policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between clients and other divisions or agencies.
- Complete monthly reports for the Reservation Business Committee and the Human Services Division.
- Recommend policy revision as needed.
- Maintain adequate and complete records for financial program requirements.
- Respect patient confidentiality.
- Refer to appropriate Human Services Division programs and staff.
- Arrange services with outside providers and programs as necessary.
- Complete financial billing associated with emergency medical requests.
- Seek out alternative form of payment from insurance company or other resources.
- Prepare appropriate paperwork for payment of program expenditures.
- Track special funds and emergency assistance balances and report impending concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Document patient status in the electronic record system.
- Act as backup to Purchased/Referred Care as necessary.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Human Services or related field and/or two years experience in a social service program with client contact.
- Two years' experience in a social service program with client contact.
- Knowledge of Fond du Lac Reservation Divisions and County social service and nonprofit programs and eligibility.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of received vaccination.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720