|Title:||Patient Advocate, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Administrative Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||September 28, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $17.25 per hour|
Educate clients and evaluate eligibility for Medicare, Medicaid, MinnesotaCare and other employer/private insurance programs.
- Accept and record referrals from providers in/outside the agency as well as self-referrals.
- Conducts intake interviews with clients and develop case plans when appropriate.
- Assist clients with application for the Fond du Lac prescription drug program and QMB Medicare Reimbursement program.
- Assist with determining eligibility for Contract Health Services.
- Prepare reports and maintain records.
- Identify area resources for clients.
- Provide follow-up services to clients.
- Provide feedback to referring provider when appropriate.
- Participate in teamed case planning for effective utilization of Special Funds and alternative community resources.
- Maintain knowledge of county, state, federal, tribal policies on eligibility for services as well as financial resources for Indian people in the service area.
- Maintain knowledge of governmental guidelines that pertain to all adults and children.
- Maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and FDL Total Coverage program policies and procedures.
- Perform outreach and enrollment activities for the FDL Total Coverage.
- Facilitate enrollment in Qualified Health Plans.
- Respond to individual client questions regarding FDL Total Coverage policies and procedures.
- Assist and coach individuals who may be or who are eligible for FDL Total Coverage in regard to benefit changes, plan changes, disenrollment, re-enrollment, and appeals.
- Manage account information for individual sponsored by FDL Total Coverage.
- Monitor tax credit information and inform individuals regarding their responsibilities and obligations according to program policy and procedures.
- Advocate for individuals with insurance plans and medical providers.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however, Associate’s degree in social work or the social science field with two or more years of professional, supervised experience would be considered.
- Navigator training certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 90 days of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment. Employment is contingent upon this requirement.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720