|Title:||K-12 School-wide Building Principal, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||Superintendent of Education|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The School-wide Building Principal provides instructional leadership, policy development recommendations, program design and evaluation, budget recommendations, and implementation of a comprehensive program for educational excellence and accountability for American Indian students kindergarten through grade 12.
- Provide leadership in collaboration with the Superintendent and other designated personnel for the development, implementation, and continuous evaluation of a school-wide, comprehensive school improvement plan.
- Provide curriculum expertise with the Superintendent and other designated personnel on identifying and implementation of research-based teaching/learning strategies for educational excellence and accountability to American Indian students.
- Provide leadership in a data driven decision-making process in all relevant areas of the school program including curriculum, teaching/learning strategies, instructional tools, professional development, student learning environment, and policies and procedures.
- Supervises all supporting services within the school (e.g. Special Education, counseling, After-school program, records, behavior and discipline programs, school lunch program, etc.).
- Implements and enforces all policy, procedures and administrative rules and regulations.
- Develops/administrates the following:
- Schedules and leads regular school-wide staff meeting.
- Develops annual school calendar.
- Develops daily/weekly, quarterly teaching and para-professional schedule.
- Collects and reviews all teaching lesson plans.
- Completes school board and other related reports (i.e. annual BIE School Report).
- Reviews and/or approves/denies leave notices.
- Substitutes security as necessary.
- Participate in the collection of assessment data and relevant measures of growth and communicate to all appropriate entities.
- Provide leadership with the Superintendent in collaborative planning, prioritization, and decision making process regarding policy and development recommendation and procedures.
- Collaborate in the development and administration of annual school budgets in compliance with federal and tribal practices in cooperation with the Tribal Council, School Board, and Superintendent.
- Lead in the development, implementation, and evaluation of school-wide processes to identify personnel and program needs and provide pre-service and in-service education to address those identified needs.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Attends training and other related session’s specific to meeting compliance with Bureau of Indian Education assurances and requirements.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Current State of Minnesota Principal K12 license is required.
- Three years teaching experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720