|Title:||Information Technology (IT) Network Specialist I, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Information Supervisor I|
|Closing Date:||June 17, 2021|
|Salary:||$23.00 per hour|
A Network Specialist I will primarily be focused on the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of communication networks and devices for the Fond du Lac Band.
- Supports and troubleshoots hardware and software pertaining to Fond du Lac enterprise networks and communications systems.
- Installs communication and network hardware and software.
- Provides users support for all communication based applications.
- Manages Avaya equipment including Session Manager, Communications Manager.
- Relies on documentation and guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Travels to multiple work locations during the work day.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings and/or meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Moderate level of agility and physical ability required.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- High School or GED required. Associate’s is desired.
- Four years of IT experience is required.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the telecommunications and networking field is required.
- Familiarity with wiring, data cables, and circuitry is required.
- Experience with enterprise level phone systems is preferred.
- Proven experience as a telecommunications or network specialist is preferred.
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. computer networks, analog lines, conference phones, call centers, conference phones, network switches, softphones, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a gaming identification badge to work in and around Casino properties.
- Be available during non-standard work hours for scheduled and unexpected outages to provide phone or on-site support.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720