|Title:||Medical Director, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Medical Clinic Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||July 23, 2019|
This position works closely with the department coordinator to oversee all medical provider personnel and the medical care provided to patients, ensuring risk management and high-quality, culturally appropriate patient care. Contributes to the development and implementation of the Fond du Lac Human Services Division’s (FDL HSD) goals and objectives to deliver services that provide optimum patient care and ensure efficient use of resources. Serves as a member of the medical management team.
- Responsible for the effective management and implementation of clinical standards and performance measures to ensure delivery of high quality patient care of medical personnel in the medical department.
- Performs clinical supervision of provider staff, including peer review and direct observation. Provides feedback to provider staff and medical department coordinator.
- Performs or delegates responsibility for quarterly medical reviews for all medical staff focusing on quality of care and appropriate documentation and coding.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process for medical providers and other key medical personnel.
- Ensures integration of medical services into FDL HSD overall comprehensive services.
- Participates and attends interdepartmental collaboration meetings as designated.
- Provides supervision of clinical scheduling, call and leave schedules for medical providers to ensure adequate coverage of clinic and after hour’s services. Coordinates hospital coverage schedules.
- Provides medical consultations and serves as a resource for all medical provider staff.
- Advises on purchases of medical equipment in clinic areas as required for patient care.
- Performs clinical leadership and oversight to medical care provided by medical provider staff, including shared performance evaluations and feedback to staff in coordination with the Medical Clinic Coordinator.
- Coordinates with HSD credentialing officer all initial credentialing for each provider.
- Manages peer review process, including procedures to review and approve new/renewal of clinical privileges as appropriate in coordination with the HSD credentialing officer.
- Develop and update clinic practice guidelines and policy and procedure manuals to ensure requirements are met for quality and appropriate care for accreditation, funding, licensing, and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Provides an environment in which the medical providers follow and abide by the ethics of the medical profession, all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances, and any and all other policies and guidelines adopted by FDL HSD.
- Function as a liaison with affiliated hospitals and health care facilities, including St. Luke’s Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital.
- Facilitates medical staff/ provider meetings, with focus on educational activities. Develops agenda for provider meetings each month.
- Serves as clinical consultant to the Laboratory Director to render opinions to the laboratory clients concerning diagnosis, treatment and management of patient care as outlined by, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and contracted laboratory services.
- Serves as clinical consultant and Medical Director to all programs and services provided by the entire Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Provide direct medical care to patients presenting to the clinic as administrative duties allow.
- Assists with managing after-hours call and hospital services and any off-site patient care that may include, but is not limited to hospital services, including obstetrics at St. Luke’s Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital, nursing homes, assisted living facilities or home visits to homebound patients.
- Required to maintain hospital privileges at hospitals where FDL HSD providers are privileged.
- May be required to provide after-hours coverage as staffing requires.
- Provides support to medical coordinator in assuring accountability and implementation of quality improvement activities.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school located in the United States, its territories, or Canada or meet other requirements outlined by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
- Current unrestricted licensure with Minnesota Board of Medical Practice is required or must be able to obtain within 6-months of employment.
- Be board certified or be eligible for board certification in Family Practice.
- Current certification in BCLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS is preferred. Certification must be obtained upon hire as part of hospital privileging requirements.
- Experience in obstetric care preferred.
- Position requires on-call availability.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720