|Title:||Medical Social Worker, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Administrative Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$23.00 to $29.40 per hour|
Provides social work services to clients of FDL HSD including direct supportive services, education regarding services available, linkages to needed services and programs, and follow-up.
- Assist Clients in obtaining Durable Medical Equipment.
- Accept and record referrals from other provider’s in/outside the agency.
- Conduct intake interviews with clients.
- Develop case plans with client/families when appropriate.
- Offer options within network when appropriate.
- Identify and secure alternative resources for clients.
- Provide follow-up services to client/family.
- Participate in inter-professional team casework analysis and planning.
- Exchange pertinent information with team members as necessary.
- Provide feedback to referring provider when appropriate.
- Coordinate placement in rehabilitation programs when necessary.
- Assist with discharge planning as appropriate.
- Organize and attendance of staffings.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of case plans.
- Participate in case plan review.
- Recommend corrective actions for case plans found to be inadequate.
- Advocates for clients and families in order to effectively utilize community resources.
- Be aware of financial and medical resources in the service area.
- Be aware of county, state, federal, educational, vocational, and therapeutic programs for Indian people.
- Educate clients and client families in the use of community resources.
- Assist clients with accessing services available.
- Assist the provider’s community in understanding client and client family needs through agency networking.
- Provide information to providers at meetings and workshops.
- Provide information to providers through direct contact.
- Provide education to Fond du Lac staff and community regarding social issues.
- Present one all-staff in-service each year.
- Assist the Administrative Services Coordinator in identifying unmet needs and ways of addressing those needs.
- Inform appropriate staff of policy changes regarding medical finance.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Assist in placement when necessary.
- Document client services rendered.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- MSW preferred, however, a bachelor’s degree in social work or related social science field with two or more years of professional, supervised experience will be considered.
- Medical background is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720