|Title:||Math Instructor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||June 18, 2021|
- Teaches course in mathematics to secondary students as specified by state law utilizing course of study adopted by the school board and appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Instruct students in basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Adapts Mathematics material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aides, appropriate to the interests and maturity levels of students, maintains required inventory records.
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual student.
- Develops and designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
- Encourages students to think independently and express original ideas.
- Evaluate each student’s progress in mathematical knowledge and skills.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Communicates in appropriate manner with parents/guardians and school counselor on student progress.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Maintains accurate daily records of student performance, attendance, and periodic grades.
- Supervises student in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self selected professional growth activities.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Participates in all education programs including local and regional in-service training, advisory committee, and community education meetings and staff meetings as directed.
- Routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students.
- Provides weekly lesson plans to the Building Principal that incorporates the Minnesota State Standards.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Appropriate Minnesota certification or such alternatives as the board may find appropriate and acceptable is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720