|Title:||Maintenance/Security, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||Brookston Community Center|
|Supervisor:||Lead Maintenance Worker|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
- Performs general repair and maintenance duties in regard to carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical systems. Performs maintenance to establish schedules and procedures. Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems, and fixtures such as pipes, valves, toilets, sinks, and drains. Performs preventive maintenance in regard to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, furniture, doors, windows, hardware, and repairs as necessary. Reports any malfunctioning or dangerous equipment. Repairs when able to do so.
- Performs grounds maintenance duties as requested (i.e., snow removal, grass mowing, and trimming, etc.)
- Cleans carpeting and floors as requested including gymnasium. Ability to operate floor care equipment. Maintains a clean and organized work area wherever the work area may be (i.e., shop, offices, public spaces, etc.). Assist in general errands and housekeeping duties as needed.
- Notifies Lead Maintenance Person concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Performs building security duties, ensures the building is secure at the completion of business hours. Reports any authorized persons in the designated work areas during business hours. Reports any unauthorized persons on the premises after business hours.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry and furniture repair is required.
- Skilled with hand and power tools is required.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is desired.
- Driver’s license and insurability required.
- Be able to acquire a Special Class C Low Pressure Boiler License within six months period of hire date.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction explicitly is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Ability to work above ground level such as on ladders and scaffolding is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing and in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720