|Title:||Laboratory Technician, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Clinic Supervising Nurse|
|Closing Date:||June 24, 2021|
|Salary:||$20.00 - $23.00 per hour|
Responsible for managing the medical laboratory at the designated clinic and insuring high quality patient care.
- Manage laboratory and provide direct service for an in-house and referral laboratory services insuring compliance with all applicable regulations and Fond du Lac Human Services Division policies and procedures.
- Obtain specimens and perform specific laboratory tests including CBC with differential, Hematocrit, sedimentation rates, Strep screens, and pregnancy tests consistent with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments.
- Obtain serum, blood, and urine specimens for tests not done in clinic and process for delivery to the reference laboratory.
- Principal contact for laboratory with reference laboratory. Receive reports from this laboratory as needed.
- Monitors transmission of lab orders and test findings utilizing Electronic Health Records and assists in identifying any problems and in obtaining needed assistance for correcting.
- In collaboration with supervisor, makes appropriate preparations for inspections and surveys and takes a lead role for the clinic in assisting inspectors and surveyors.
- Maintain all laboratory supplies.
- Operate and maintain clinic laboratory equipment.
- Perform and document quality assurance procedures following established laboratory guidelines.
- Keep a log of all patient served and tests performed.
- Assist supervisor in providing training for other medical employees in performance of lab duties.
- Keep supervisor informed of any problems within area of responsibility.
- Assist with quality assurance studies and serves on the Continuous Quality Improvement committees as assigned.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Laboratory Technician is required.
- Certified Laboratory Technician or eligible to be certified is required.
- One-year laboratory experience is required.
- Experience in outpatient setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720