|Title:||Substitute Staff, On Call|
|Location:||FDL Head Start|
|Supervisor:||Assigned Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
Substitute staff will assist in the classroom and with other center operations serving children ages 3 to 5 as well as infants and toddlers, consistently interacting with children, parents and other staff.
- May include working with children with special needs.
- Provide developmentally enriching experiences for children, individually or in groups which are culturally appropriate.
- Assist Program staff in carrying out activities related to health, e.g., toileting, diapering, safety in classroom, dental hygiene, and nutrition activities.
- Serve as a primary caregiver for children in the classroom.
- Food Service:
- Duties including assisting with food service by doing prep work and setting up serving carts.
- Putting away groceries.
- Daily sweeping and mopping of kitchen, washing dishes and cleaning appliances as needed.
- Duties include routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students including playgroup area.
- Clean the interior and exterior of head start buildings daily.
- Clean bathrooms and offices daily.
- Assigned seasonal duties as needed.
- Maintain records and paperwork in a confidential manner.
- Greet families upon arrival.
- Route phone calls and messages to classrooms.
- Provide administrative support for the Head Start staff.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult/child interactions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintain professional standards toward creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Participate in Head Start trainings when requested.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly res ponding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co - workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements, including the ability to lift, carry, or restrain a child. Walking, standing, bending, stooping and sitting on the floor with children may be necessary. Ability to pass annual physical examination. All vaccinations must be kept current.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- CDA or degree in Early Childhood related field preferred.
- Experience in the supervision of children is preferred.
- Basic keyboarding and data entry skills needed for administrative work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relation ships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Subject to pre - employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720