|Title:||Human Resources Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Director of Human Resources|
|Closing Date:||July 29, 2019|
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director.
- Responds to questions from employees and supervisors or refers them to the Director of Human Resources. Greets applicants. Explains application procedures. Answers questions regarding availability of employment opportunities with the Fond du Lac Reservation Business Committee or Casinos or the Hotel.
- Ensures applications are completed correctly. Logs, files and acknowledge applications. Responds to routine telephone and written inquires regarding employment or human resource issues. Assist in the preparation of interview questions with approval from the Human Resource Specialist. Assist with the scheduling of interviews, preparing screening packets.
- Prepares and processes personnel actions for the Divisions and programs, including Fond du Lac Housing and Fond du Lac Construction. Works with the Payroll Specialist to ensure that all personnel action forms are received.
- Prepares job announcements and compiles hiring statistics. Keeps track of each position posted. Prepares each step of the screening processes paperwork. Prepares “Screening Recommendation” form for the Reservation Business Committees approval. Informs Division/Department the outcome of the recommendation. Drafts and sends out letters for all applicants not selected for hire. Process new hire information.
- Maintains and manages the separated employees of the Fond du Lac Reservation, Fond du Luth, Black Bear Casino and Black Bear Hotel human resources to ensure their efficient handling, protection, disposition, and retrieval as necessary.
- Responsible for storage area. Reviews record retention schedules and record keeping requirements to determine timetables for transferring records to inactive or archival storage, for reducing paper records to micro-graphic form, or for destroying obsolete or unnecessary records.
- Conduct employee background checks for employees of the Fond du Lac Reservation subject to background check ordinance, also includes all volunteer, interns, foster care, day care and respite care providers.
- Prepares notification forms for appropriate Division Directors review for employees with violations on background check. Track employee petitions process and inform appropriate parties of procedures and timelines. Track annual background checks due. Audit files for updates needed. Maintain file system for background checks.
- Drafts new position descriptions, ensure that all appropriate language is listed. Updates position descriptions as necessary. Prepares and submits position description new/revised form for Reservation Business Committees approval. Files approved positions descriptions, sends copies to Division/Department, files a copy of new/revised position description in appropriate employees personnel file(s). Maintains a current listing of all position descriptions for each Division as outlined in child protection ordinance and drug testing ordinance.
- Prepares orientation packets. Assist with the orientation of new employees, ensures all paperwork is filled out correctly.
- Assist in gathering information for reports as needed.
- Assist with the drug/alcohol drug testing training. Files test result.
- Tracks billing invoices and ensures payment of each invoice.
- Ensures that the confidentiality of all employees, applicants and records are respected.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Reservation Human Resources at job fairs.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Preferred high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to type 40 words per minutes is required.
- Knowledge of word processing and computer input and retrieval is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Some travel is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720