|Title:||HIPAA Compliance Officer, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Quality Assurance Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||September 29, 2020|
|Salary:||$22.37 - $25.73 per hour|
The HIPAA Compliance is responsible for developing a HIPAA – compliant privacy process or program for ensuring privacy policies to protect the integrity of protected health information (PHI) are enforced. To develop and oversee ongoing employee training, conduct risk assessments and develop HIPAA or Federal Data Privacy compliant procedures where necessary. Assist with monitoring compliance with the privacy program, investigate incidents in which a breach of PHI may have occurred, report breach as necessary, and ensure patients’ rights in accordance with applicable federal, state or tribal law.
- Prepare and presents regularly scheduled compliance reports to management regarding internal compliance audits, incidence, data trends, recommendations for corrective actions, and summaries of department compliance.
- Maintains current on HIPAA, Federal Data Privacy and other body of knowledge necessary to act subject matter resources for Human Services Division; and to perform the information security management functions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and attending training of auditing/evaluation.
- Prepare departmental and data quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, data trends and professional bench markers for compliance.
- Establishes with management and operations a mechanism to track access to protected health information, within the purview of the organization and as required by law and to allow qualified individuals to review or receive a report on such activity.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and accreditation standards, and monitors advancements in information security technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Oversees, directs, delivers, or ensures delivery of initial security training and orientation to all employees, volunteers, medical and professional staff, contractors, alliances, business associates, and other appropriate third parties.
- Reviews all system-related information security plans throughout the organization’s network to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices, and acts as a liaison to the information systems department.
- Ensures compliance with security practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with security policies for all individuals in the organization’s workforce, extended workforce, and for all business associates, in cooperation with Human Resources, the Quality Assurance Coordinator, administration, and legal counsel as applicable.
- Assisted as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Appropriate work attire required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. • Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in health care, human resources, science or similar health related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- 4 years of Compliance experience in a health care organization or regulated industry is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in clinical auditing, evaluation process and regulatory compliance.
- Compliance and Ethics Professional certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 2 years of hire; and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Native Americans clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Strong Knowledge of HIPAA, state and federal guidelines on privacy, transactions and security; along familiarity with relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and patient privacy is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720