|Title:||General Maintenance Worker, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Seasonal General Maintenance Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||July 26, 2019|
Primary responsibilities are to perform general maintenance labor, and clean-up projects related to the Seasonal General Maintenance Department.
- Performs various tasks using power tools and equipment to include but not limited to lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chainsaws (if certified) etc.
- Performs preparatory work for maintenance activities including gathering equipment, material and supplies, loading and unloading materials, and laying out material and equipment for projects.
- Performs a variety of routine physical labor tasks, depending upon area of assignment, to include but not limited to pulling weeds, picking up litter, raking leaves and debris, emptying trash bins and performing minor custodial work.
- Performs cleanup at end of the day or when the job is completed, including picking up tools, debris and proper disposal, cleaning work areas and performing touch up work as needed.
- Performs preparatory work for maintenance activities, including gathering equipment, materials and supplies, loading and unloading materials, and laying out materials and equipment for projects.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Valid Drivers Class D driver’s license is desired.
- Experience with lawn mowers, weed whips, rakes, shovels, chainsaws is desired.
- Experience in cutting and splitting wood is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720