|Title:||Foster Care Licensing and Placement Specialist, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||April 23, 2021|
|Salary:||$26.00 - $29.00 per hour|
The Foster Care Licensing and Placement Specialist will license, relicense, and provide support and training to foster care providers according to Minnesota State Guidelines and will work collaboratively with social workers to provide child placement.
- Recruit Indian foster parents off the Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Perform pre-licensing assessments of candidates for foster care setting licenses.
- Assist applicants in reaching agency license standards for their specific foster care setting.
- Serve as agency case manager for foster parents.
- Assess needs of foster parents and foster care settings.
- Monitor and report needs of foster parents and foster care settings to the Coordinator.
- Assess the needs of individual children who are placed by the agency.
- Advocate for children placed by the agency.
- Assist the county social worker for each child in coordinating and securing services.
- Assists with the training of foster care parents.
- Document all services provided and complete appropriate reports in a timely manner.
- Perform duties to maintain foster home for re-licensure.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Social Work or related field is required.
- One year of professional experience working with Indian families is required.
- Foster care experience is preferred.
- Ability to comply with state background check requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720