|Title:||Fleet Mechanic, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Transit Garage|
|Supervisor:||FDL Transit Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||June 24, 2021|
|Salary:||$20.50 per hour|
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or minor overhaul buses, transit vehicles, and all types of diesel engines and gasoline engines.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers/ pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brakes systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Performs routine vehicle upkeep to include washing the exterior and cleaning of the interior of the vehicle as time permits.
- Maintain maintenance schedule for each vehicle.
- Raise trucks, buses, vehicles, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive transit vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Examine and adjust protect guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds of equipment is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Must be a certified bus mechanic with proof of license is required; if not certified at the time of hire employee must become certified within 6 months of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- One year of documented mechanic experience is required.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and record keeping is required.
- Applicant must provide their own tools.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720