|Title:||Financial Director, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Closing Date:||April 6, 2023, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||$80,500.00 - $85,402.45 per year|
Primary activities include: supervision of department staff and issuing accurate and timely reports from the department so that the Fond du Lac Reservation Business Committee and other Directors can make financial decisions. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to work with a variety of staff at varied levels in the organization.
- Reviews and posts transactions in the Accounting system as prepared by department staff. Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of reports issued from the department.
- Responsible for review and completion of all required reports of the department such as: audit reports, financial reports, tax filings, etc.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with preparation for any/all audits and reviews by outside agencies and accounting firms.
- Other duties may include such things as: initiating grant draw downs, ensuring sufficient funds are available to cover accounts payable and payroll costs; review of cash balances each month, review of monthly bank reconciliations, issuing financial reports before the end of the next month, etc.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with set up and security in any/all systems used by the department.
- Meets with other Fond du Lac Directors and/or managers to review any financial matters.
- Responsible for financial forecasts and budget preparation.
- Responsible for drafting policies and procedures as they relate to financial and staff’s benefit matters.
- Attends training and conferences as applicable to the job.
- Attends department meetings and mandatory Fond du Lac staff meetings.
- Supervises staff in the department and other staff if located off-site, when necessary. This includes completing their annual appraisals, approving leave time, monitoring their work product, ensuring proper coverage of duties when they are on leave, training for their duties, and any disciplinary action necessary.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Previous experience in the Accounting field is required. Previous managerial experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720