|Title:||Financial Clerk, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||August 12, 2020|
|Salary:||$14.43 - $16.24 per hour|
Primary duties include data entry of transactions into the financial systems as prepared by other Fond du Lac staff. This includes review of detailed documents to ensure proper backup is attached and all required information is included. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to work with a variety of staff at varied levels in the organization.
- Responsible for daily data entry into the accounting system for accounts payable and/or accounts receivable transactions. This includes review of the paperwork received by the Financial Division to ensure the proper backup is attached, the paperwork is filled out completely and correctly, and proper accounting codes are being used. This also includes weekly filing of data entry documents in an accurate manner in the department’s filing system.
- Backup for other Financial Clerks in the department when they are on leave by assisting with completion of their tasks/duties.
- Responsible for review of accounting system transactions in preparation of annual tax filings.
- Responsible for other miscellaneous duties as assigned such as: counting cash as received by the department, issuing receipts for cash received, bank deposits, scanning checks, issuing Purchase Order numbers, keying journal entries into the accounting system, maintenance of travel logs for outstanding travel advances, distribution of mail, filing, etc.
- Assists with preparation for audits/reviews by running reports, retrieving needed records/files, and other duties as necessary. After the audit/review is completed, assists with re-filing pulled records/files. Is onsite/present during the audit/review and available for questions and help as needed.
- Assists other department members with data entry, running reports, and miscellaneous research when needed.
- Assists with drafting policies and procedures as they relate to financial matters.
- Attends training and conferences as applicable to the job.
- Attends department meetings and mandatory Fond du Lac staff meetings.
- Works with financial staff in other departments when necessary to resolve related party questions/issues.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members, and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and previous experience in the accounting field, with emphasis on data entry is desired.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Degree or certificate in the business field is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720