|Title:||Families First Social Worker/Children's Mental Health Case Manager, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||July 16, 2019|
- Accept referrals and assess needed for Indian families living within the Duluth service area.
- Contact family within 24 hours of receiving name from assigned Intake Worker.
- Referrals are accepted from the Lead Social Worker in the Families First Projects.
- A service plan will be devised by the Social Worker and will include short term, reasonable and attainable goals for individuals within the family (household) and the family as a unit. The goals will address only the issues creating or maintaining a crisis for the family members and/or placing one or more of the children at risk of removal.
- The worker will assist the family members in moving on to other goals during the four week period of contact.
- Weekly conferences will be held with other Families First staff members regarding active cases.
- Written records will be kept according to Department of Human Services Families First plans.
- Serves as primary case manager with up to 3 families at one time not to exceed four weeks without Permission to Extend.
- Serve as the Children’s Mental Health Case Manager when appropriate.
- Provide goal oriented services to family members to stabilize crisis situation and to teach skills to move forward independent of Families First Social Worker.
- Worker must utilize building methods in the following areas: advocacy, acquiring basic needs, budgeting, cleaning, modeling, parenting, health interactions, seeking alternative play activity.
- Advocate for client and serve as liaison with other providers.
- Provide family counseling.
- Assess need for formal therapy versus in-home family type counseling.
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Schedule in-home time with all family members when appropriate and as often as necessary.
- Refer client family to other service provides as appropriate for on-going stability.
- Be knowledgeable of in-house and other service providers in the area.
- Use appropriate referral avenues.
- Follow-up the referral with a team meeting as needed.
- Prepare client/family for successful referral.
- Close appropriate prior to exit and actual closure of case.
- Consult with other service providers, Lead Social Worker, Social Services Coordinator, regarding individual and family needs.
- Conduct staffing with team members on a regular basis and attend all scheduled meetings.
- Record necessary and appropriate information.
- Establish and maintain a networking system between Fond du Lac, St. Louis County and other providers.
- Assist in the planning, development and presentation of recreational/educational events in the community.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related social science field with two or more years of professional level work, supervised casework experience will be considered.
- Child protection and/or family intervention experience and knowledge of dynamics of alcoholism is required.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable insured vehicle is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720