|Title:||Facilities Operations Director, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Programs Executive Director & Tribal Enterprises Executive Director|
|Closing Date:||August 1, 2019|
The primary responsibility is to preserve, protect and maintain Band physical and real assets in accordance with the policies, procedures and controls.
- Develops plans for operations maintenance and alterations of all Band facilities.
- Develops both long term and short term budgets for facilities maintenance and improvement, based on operational plan schedules. Ensures each facility has plans and budgets in place.
- Coordinates with the Fond du Lac Facilities Managers and Directors for all band owned buildings as necessary.
- Develops policies, procedures and controls for building maintenance as necessary.
- Establish and implement a program of safety, accident prevention, and health maintenance for all employees.
- Analyze all accidents and regularly search for patterns in injury reports in order to establish corrective procedures to reduce potential for future accidents and hazards.
- Coordinate commodity-type maintenance purchases—i.e., lamps, flush valve diaphragms, paper towels, etc.
- Monitor energy use and coordinate implementing energy efficient operating practices and training.
- Ensure that buildings are operated according to applicable energy guidelines and agreements.
- Coordinate sustainable operating practices, such as recycling programs and the use of green cleaning products.
- Monitor and implement Building Operator Certification (BOC) Training requirements for all maintenance staff to ensure that all staff have attended one Building Operator training course per year to update their skills.
- Monitor and recommend systems and procedures to ensure security of all facilities.
- Maintain current drawings and engineering records describing district facilities, equipment, and grounds.
- Travels to multiple Fond du Lac Band locations to inspect and maintain assets of the Band.
- Appropriate work attire required.
- Must attend mandatory department meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities engineering or related field; 8 years’ experience in managing facilities or maintenance department for a complex of 50,000 square feet or more with multiple hospitality amenities.
- Special Engineer boiler license and First Class C low pressure boilers license is required.
- Heating, ventilation, and air condition (HVAC) certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 90 days of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and masonry skills are required.
- Knowledge or preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems are required.
- Knowledge of equipment and parts inventories and ordering is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use is required.
- Ability to obtain any necessary license is required.
- Thorough knowledge of ventilation systems, sound systems, security systems, and mechanical systems is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to be licensed by the Fond du Lac Compliance Department for a Class A Gaming License to work in and around Casino property and facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720