|Title:||Environmental Outreach Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Environmental Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||September 28, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.00 - $22.00 per hour|
Outreach Coordinator develops presentation and outreach materials regarding environmental concerns focusing on protection of the Environment. Responsibilities of air monitoring and equipment upkeep and maintenance as well as recording of data collected from monitoring efforts.
- Assist Fond du Lac staff with the presentation of environmental concerns focusing on issues like recycling, energy conservation, climate change, pollution prevention, and waste prevention.
- Develops outreach materials and events for the Fond du Lac Community focusing on protection of the environment.
- Participate in federal, state, regional, tribal, and local workgroups focused on environmental protection.
- Conduct indoor air quality assessments in Reservation homes and buildings upon request.
- Participate in trainings on environmental concerns including indoor air quality assessment and mitigation, ambient air quality, climate change, and pollution prevention.
- Operate a pre-existing fixed monitoring/data collection station for mercury deposition.
- Operate and maintain fixed monitors for fine particulate matter and ozone. Collect monitoring and meteorological data to assist in the evaluation of atmospheric pollutants and their impacts on Reservation resources. Update quality assurance plans for these monitors.
- Update Air Emissions Inventory as needed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- A B.A. or B.S. degree in either an environmental science or education; or 2-3 years of community outreach experience is required.
- Ability to organize committees, facilitate meetings, and conduct workshops relating to environmental protection is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines as demonstrated by the timely completion of reports and other types of work is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720