|Title:||Custodial & Housekeeping Supervisor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||July 23, 2019|
This position is responsible for supervising all housekeeping employees within an assigned area and to insure clean, safe, healthful conditions in all spaces of the assigned area at all times. This individual verifies that all employees report to work on time and leave at the end of the work period. This position is also required to assist in safety, security and operation of the Fond du Lac Tribal and Community Center.
- Supervises all routine housekeeping as follows:
- Clean all hard floors daily.
- Clean and maintain call carpet daily.
- Remove all trash daily.
- Clean all walls, doors, and door casing daily or as needed.
- Clean all desks and furniture daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all drinking fountains and sinks daily.
- Clean and disinfect all washroom facilities daily.
- Clean and fill all dispensers daily.
- Clean all miscellaneous items in washrooms such as partitions, mirrors, shelves, etc. daily.
- Dust all ledges and window blinds daily or as needed.
- Clean custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Stock all custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Clean and maintain all equipment needed for cleaning daily or as needed.
- Report needed repairs daily or as needed.
- Report all problems to supervisor daily or as needed.
- Supervise “deep cleaning” tasks in assigned area as routine work schedule allows. Tasks:
- Strip, scrub and refinish all hard floors as needed.
- Shampoo, extract and maintain carpets as needed.
- Clean all walls, doors casing top and bottom as needed.
- Clean all light fixtures as needed.
- Move furniture and equipment to clean underneath as needed.
- Clean upholstered furniture as needed.
- Clean all windows from inside and outside of entryway and office windows daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all lockers and shower areas daily or as needed.
- Clean all entryway carpet runners as needed.
- Do necessary cleaning in miscellaneous areas such as storage areas, stairways as needed.
- Appropriate work attire required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment is required.
- Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Provides prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur is required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720