|Title:||Community Development Planner, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||September 24, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$26.50 - $38.00 per hour|
The Community Development Planner oversees the community development functions including the day to day responsibility of the Planning division.
- Assists is preparing, updating, and implementing various economic plans, including but not limited to the Community and Economic Development strategy.
- Serves as a representative for the Planning division at various local meetings and Band committees.
- Reviews, researches and analyzes new businesses, business acquisitions and joint ventures for the Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Assists and advises businesses location or expanding on or near Fond du Lac.
- Interacts with businesses and community leaders, including the Chamber of Commerce, to educate and promote awareness of economic development planning and issues.
- Maintains promotional material and inventory of property available for development to include but not limited to Northlands Connections Website.
- Prepares and provides information regarding land availability, markets, workforce availability, taxes, transportation, utilities, and finance to business.
- Work with economic consultants in marketing, and promotion of Fond du Lac properties and encourages expansion of the existing business.
- Develops and implements an ongoing business retention, expansion and development programs targeted to strengthening and assisting existing local businesses to expand and the development of new businesses by area residences.
- Develops strategies for the allocation and delivery of band financial assistance including community development block grants, tax abatement and applicable federal state and local programs for commercial, industrial, housing projects and the various local revolving loan programs.
- Research and develop a loan funds program.
- Prepares short range tactical plans to accomplish program goals.
- Assist in the implementation of long range goals and strategic plans for the department.
- Assists in economic development, planning, subdivision, building and housing, and other community development functions to achieve goals with budgeted funds.
- Monitors legislation and trends for potential impact on Fond du Lac.
- Manages various projects, special assignments and studies.
- Conducts a wide variety of research and prepares appropriate written reports.
- Works with developers and packages request for proposal (RFP) as required.
- Seeks, pursues and writes grant applications for projects that may benefit Fond du Lac.
- In coordination with the IT division, assists with the development and maintenance of the department’s website.
- Keeps the Planning Director promptly informed of all significant matters/developments.
- Receives, investigates, and resolves citizen questions, complaints, and requests for information.
- Travels to off-site locations to meet with outside agencies and/or consultants.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in planning, business administration, public administration, finance or other related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing and working with grants is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Experience in public administration or tribal government is preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in economic planning is preferred.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information systems (GIS) and its applications is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720